The museum holds documents, photographs and other artefacts that tell the stories of Otaki's people and events from the past. These include:
Records of Organisations
- Otaki Borough Council Minutes
- Tennis club
- Swimming club
- Scrapbooks of press cuttings (Historical Society)
- Oral history records
- Material from some previous exhibitions
- Photographs (in Past Perfect)
- A range of artefacts donated by members of the community
- Small Collection
- Wallace Collection
- A range of books about Otaki, Kapiti and New Zealand history
If you wish to access any of the material held at the museum for research purposes, please go to our Contact page.
We can answer basic queries that will help you with your research.